As of 2018, the new Kaysville City Council suspended most of the functions built into its Yard and Garden Civic Committee. The only function still operating involves the maintenance of its Hometown Community Garden. Ron Zollinger, Chairperson for this committee now acts as Garden Manager.
The mission of the Kaysville Yard and Garden Civic Committee (Y&GC) is to partner with other civic organizations in order to promote community pride and enhance the “spirit of place” among its citizenry. The Y&GC will specifically focus upon the objectives of:
A. Promoting residential yard and city beautification.
B. Promoting the ethic of home and community gardening to enhance self reliance, good nutrition, natural exercise, and a cooperative spirit within the community.
C. Becoming water wise and promote climate and environmental sensitivity within the domains of city, public services, and residential environments.
D. Enhancing a spirit of festivity by promoting outdoor holiday decorations.
To achieve these goals, this committee will:
1. Sponsor self-directed residential tours of yards and gardens of those citizens who desire to exhibit their handiwork and share their knowledge and love for attractive landscaping, productive gardening, and poultry or bee keeping husbandry.
2. Officially recognize and reward citizens for outstanding yard and garden beautification and design efforts.
3. Encourage a business awareness to create a water efficient but native green scape curb appeal.
4. Encourage and assist citizens to participate in back yard, patio, and in-house gardening as well as sponsoring community gardens.
5. Promote water-wise awareness and environmental sensitivity.
6. Provide awareness of educational resources, seminars, workshops, classes, etc. that are available for citizens to enhance gardening and landscaping knowledge and skill development.
7. Provide an on-line virtual tour of Kaysville residences showcasing special holiday spirit with festive decorations and lights.