About Kaysville City's Yard and Garden Committee
The mission of the Kaysville Yard and Garden Civic Committee (Y&GC) is to partner with other civic organizations in order to promote community pride and enhance the “spirit of place” among its citizenry. The Y&GC will specifically focus upon the goals of:
- Promoting yard and city beautification with enhanced tree and plant selection, care and management, and creative landscaping design.
- Becoming water wise and climate sensitive in design and plant selection.
- Promoting self reliance with yards and patios that support fruit and vegetable production.
- Enhancing a spirit of festivity with outdoor holiday decorations.
To achieve these goals, this committee will:
- Encourage partnership with local nurseries and businesses, government agencies and with the Utah State Botanical Gardens who will make available human resources as well as educational, plant, and identification resources to home owners who desire to achieve personal goals associated with the goals inherent within the mission of the Yard and Garden Committee.
- Sponsor tours of yards and gardens of those citizens and businesses who desire to exhibit their handiwork and share their knowledge and love for trees, plants and landscaping.
- Create opportunities where citizens and businesses can be recognized for their yard and garden beautification and design efforts.
- Utilize available technologies to publicize Y&GC events as well as to use those technologies to enhance personal expertise in regard to tree and plant selection, care, and management.
- Promote a spirit of sharing fruit and vegetable production as well as identifying open ground or patio ideas for citizens who desire to grow garden produce but do not have personal land available.